If you need to request a referral, please call our referral coordinator with the following information:
• Specialist Name
• Phone number and address
• Appointment time and date
It is your responsibility to check if the specialist you wish to see or if the services you are requesting are covered by your insurance. Please be aware that some specialist offices require a referral even if your health insurance doesn’t require one. Referrals can take up to three business days to process.
An office visit with your provider may be required. Call the office for further details.
Coal Creek Family Medicine takes pride in providing quality care for our patients. Because your provider has decided you would benefit from being seen by a specialist, please see the below information on our referral process.
What to Expect from Referral Coordinator:
• Processes Referral(s): Submit referral to specialty providers along with the patient’s medical history or pertinent medical information.
• Insurance Authorization: Obtain necessary insurance authorization to a specialist if it’s required by the patient’s health insurance.
• Referral Tracking: Follow up with specialists and patients after thirty days to ensure an appointment was scheduled successfully.
What we expect from you:
• Keep our office up to date with your contact information. If not, this can delay the referral process.
• Provide us with your most current insurance information. This is important because each plan has its own unique set of conditions for referrals.
• Follow Through. We ask that you schedule an appointment with the specialist we referred you to within 90 days, unless you were instructed by your provider to schedule sooner. It’s important to make every effort to get to that appointment. Some specialists will not re-appoint you if you no-show or re-schedule your appointment too many times.
Things Patients Can Do:
- Contact Information: Do we have your updated contact information? If not this will delay the referral process.
- Insurance: Do we have your most recent insurance information on file? This is important because each plan has its own unique set of conditions for referrals.
- Follow Through: When you schedule an appointment with the specialist we referred you to (we request you do so within 90 days unless otherwise directed by your provider), it’s important to make every effort to get to that appointment. Some specialist will not re-appoint you if you have a “no-show” or re-schedule too many times.
Should you have further questions or concerns you can contact our office and ask to speak to a Referral Coordinator.
Thank you for being a patient here at Coal Creek Family Medicine! We look forward to providing you the best Quality Care possible.